Josephine, a "Moparistic" -55 sedan

This forum is devoted to all topics concerning high performance, Non-Studebaker powered Studebakers.
Champion V8
60 - 99 Posts

Re: Josephine, a "Moparistic" -55 sedan

Post by Champion V8 » 01 Dec 2019, 17:35

Did I forgot to post pix of the hood bubble..? I used a dented old japcrap motorcycle tank:
HuvHål10.jpg
HuvHål11.jpg
HuvHål13.jpg
It still looks the same, as the whole front of the car & will probably do so for a way to long time...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Champion V8
60 - 99 Posts

Post by Champion V8 » 02 Dec 2019, 14:00

Since I still can get in I'll post pictures from this evening, I have fastend the exhaust proper now & lowerd her to the ground. Lowering is pretty enoying work since she's so low & this time she got hanging on the new pipes as I had to have the manouvering part of the jack within reash from just behind the wheel, but it worked out in the end. So here it's (almost) possible to see the hangers just after the mufflers:
(there's one hanger almost at the end too)
Avgas Nytt Uppe.JPG
& here she's back down with the new pipes:
(it's actually the same pipes just re-arranged)
They comes from different angles so it aint your eyes that's fooling you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Champion V8
60 - 99 Posts

Post by Champion V8 » 02 Dec 2019, 14:11

Couldn't help myself, silly as I am, took a picture today too:
(same angle, just better in daylight)
Avgas Nytt X-tra Reko.JPG
Oh, & a might-be-good news; there's a guy interested in the tug, he had some serious questions that I've anwerd so maby I can keep Josephine. I'm anyway stick'n my head in the sand & am happy as long as people only asks about her & don't buy her...

Champion V8
60 - 99 Posts

Post by Champion V8 » 04 Dec 2019, 15:36

I took her for a short spin today & maby it's due to the lesser noice but it felt like less vibrations. But a strange thing appeared: the water pump is making sound & I think I feel a play in it too & that's strange since it hasn't been on the engine that awfully long time, it's the engine from a Dodge van we drove about a year before selling it without the engine & gearbox that's in Josephine now. & the first thing I did after we bought that van was to change the waterpump because it was leaking! Not a big problem but anoying enough...

r1lark
100 - 199 Posts

Post by r1lark » 04 Dec 2019, 18:11

I like the two exhaust pipes exiting together. Different and interesting. Keep working on it nox!
Paul
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry at: http://www.studebakerskytop.com

Champion V8
60 - 99 Posts

Post by Champion V8 » 05 Dec 2019, 16:26

Thanx Paul! Yeah, I'm a kid of my history as my saying goes, in Sweden in the 60's Studebakers (ofcourse due to coupes & Hawks) were conseiderd sporty cars & that's why the pipes goes side-by-side. I would've prefered them about 4 inches from the towhook but they're to fat & the tank sits to low for that, then the pipes would either come out to low or pointing to much upwards for my (bad! ;) ) taste.
Triumph-Spitfire-GT6-Mk-I-300x225.jpg

Champion V8
60 - 99 Posts

Post by Champion V8 » 09 Dec 2019, 17:07

This is amazing; I'm still getting in!!! Almost like the beginning when I had another "whateverit'scalled".
But nothing has happend to Josephine during these days exept I took her out today to take some real photo's of her, hasn't done that for a long time but now I need to develop the film because I have pictures of our ship's interior that a possible buyer wanna see.
I was also just now trying to get me an avatar again, tried before a few times but I just don't know how to make the pic smaller without destroying its sharpness. & it says it needs to be 80 x 80 pixels & I get it down to that but it still won't take it...
One would think I should be able to manage a computer by now, but nooo, not me!