Potvin Supercharger Build PROJECT

THE place to document, in chronological order, ON-GOING progress/milestones of ANY high performance Studebaker project. Projects include any major/lengthy - repair/modification/resto/total rebuild OR an extensive build/development/modification of a high performance Studebaker part/system. Including as much info/many photos about/of your project is greatly appreciated! ON-GOING PROJECTS ONLY PLEASE.
3x2stude
Studebaker Racing Team Member

Re: Potvin Supercharger Build PROJECT

Post by 3x2stude » 12 May 2020, 22:56

Last layer. The idea here is to still do this in a casting but if that does not pan out this plan will allow me to fabricate the assembly in three pieces. The outboard pieces being 2" thick and the middle piece being 1" thick. More soon, thanks for watching.

JK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3x2stude

Post by 3x2stude » 23 May 2020, 01:24

I finally got the intake runners back from the machine shop. They came out pretty sweet. They took off 0.020" - 0.030" on the flange. I still have over 0.20" on the flange and the injector bungs came out real nice. I also belt sanded the back welding I did earlier to straighten them. I am taking them to work tomorrow to "pickle" the welds to remove the color. They will need some additional "lovin" polishing wise at some point but not now. Once I get them cleaned I'll bolt them on and finish fitting up the plumbing. I plan on humping on this all weekend so watch for more soon.

JK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Rice
Global Moderator

Post by Jeff Rice » 23 May 2020, 07:16

Some amazing fabrication work!

Bill Van Alstyne
100 - 199 Posts

Post by Bill Van Alstyne » 23 May 2020, 08:28

Jon, there are probably quite a few of us "lurkers" here watching your progress. Your work is very interesting and your workmanship excellent. Keep the pix coming, we all like them. Bill

3x2stude

Post by 3x2stude » 23 May 2020, 12:35

Thanks Bill, there'll be more all weekend.

JK

3x2stude

Post by 3x2stude » 25 May 2020, 01:01

I got all the "plumbing" done today. I'll felt the need to bling it up a bit. I even got out the Dave T. aluminum R3 exhaust for the photos. More tomorrow.

JK

PackardV8

Post by PackardV8 » 25 May 2020, 10:01

Way cool!! That's one-of-one fer sure.

jack vines

3x2stude

Post by 3x2stude » 30 May 2020, 21:56

I spent the day working on the water manifolds. I have about eight hours in them so far. I am using 1" tube as the ID is very close to the original casting and I can do it in tube here :). The inlet side starts at 1.5" and splits into two, 1" tubes into the block. As usual it's all stainless. I thoroughly dislike fitting 45's, (my daughter says we should not use the word "hate"), they're easy on paper but a stinker to tack up square & plumb. The inlet side fell together so well that I felt obligated to pass on a good deed to someone tomorrow. I also got the outlet close to done, more in the next post.

JK

3x2stude

Post by 3x2stude » 30 May 2020, 22:11

Here is the outlet header. The thick biscuit on the right is the top of the thermostat box. I'll make the box tomorrow. The literature shown is for the water pump I plan to use, "Davies / Craig" in Australia, (available from Summit). It is a high tech cast aluminum pump at a reasonable price in a small package and it is "flanged", sweet. I need to take the top of the box to the machine shop to get the recess for the t-stat set in but the inlet manifold should get done tomorrow.

JK