2020 SDC Int'l Meet Unnofficial Drag Night (Test & Tune)

This forum is devoted to all topics concerning high performance, Studebaker powered vehicles.
Jeff Rice
Global Moderator

2020 SDC Int'l Meet Unnofficial Drag Night (Test & Tune)

Post by Jeff Rice » 04 Feb 2020, 16:51

(copy)

In August they will have a Tuesday evening test and tune session that's open to the public. Typically they will see 35-45 cars on Tuesday evenings. He invited the "Studebaker folks to come on out." He asked that we let him know (in early July) what kind of interest we receive so he can advertise about the Studebakers coming out to race.

When: Tuesday Aug 4, 2020: This is the day before the Int'l Meet officially starts. Many folks will be arriving on Tuesday.

Where: Brainerd Motorsports Park
Address: 745 Scruggs Rd, Ringgold, GA 30736

The track is approx 1 mile south of Camp Jordan

Track gates open at 6pm
Racing 7-11pm

Racer cost is $20 per car
Spectator cost is $10 per person

Racers need a helmet & must sign a track liability waiver form

Jeff Rice
Global Moderator

Re: 2020 SDC Int'l Meet Unnofficial Drag Night (Test & Tune)

Post by Jeff Rice » 04 Feb 2020, 16:54

(copy)
Hello Folks,
l don't know who is going to the SDC International, but there will be another unofficial event added to the itinerary. There is a local drag strip that will have a test and tune on Tuesday night. I don't know how many folks would be interested or would be coming in early enough for the meet to attend the event. If you are interested , please let me know so I can start to get a tentative head count to provide to the track owner.
There will also be a special parking area at the SDC international to park all of the Stude race cars together. That will also include Brand X powered cars as well. If you race it , park with us. It should be fun. Below are the details for the track provided by Wayne Lee. He is on the International Meet committee. I hope to see as many of you as possible there. Stay well and I hope to see you and your car there, Thanks for reading this , Joe Flannery