Josephine, a "Moparistic" -55 sedan

This forum is devoted to all topics concerning high performance, Non-Studebaker powered Studebakers.
Mike Van Veghten
Studebaker Racing Team Member

Re: Josephine, a "Moparistic" -55 sedan

Post by Mike Van Veghten »

We don't want to hear a bunch of excuses...we want progress !!!

Mike
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

Yep; progress wanted here too! Loads more than I get...
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

There's actually a thing tha's holding me back a bit that has to do with temparature & weather & that 's me not having enough grease to keep warm & that gives me pain; it's the sciatic nerve, & today it's very humid & a bit cold... So appart from working at the cafe' I'm here with my laptop & Dodge (our cat) on my chest in the sofa.
Mike Van Veghten

Dodge the cat. I like that !

My two are Clyde and Pete

Starten to cool off here in SoCal. High 60's and low 70's the next week or so. Much better than 100+ like the middle of summer.

Mike
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

At fist I thought "dodge the cat!" as in "get rid of him"... :lol:

(well I went out & did the last hood adjustment, couldn't stay away, & put the front plate back on)

He plays the piano too when nobody's looking:

DodgePiano.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Van Veghten

One of mine watches TV when he hears animals. When he walks by the TV in the living room, many times he'll look up to see what's on the screen.
Doesn't matter, dogs, cats, bears, chickens, giraffes, any animal. But other cats will get he attention every time.

He comes in many evenings and jumps up on my computer desk, and gets in my way. I'll find a, "funny cats" video for him to watch when I'm done doing MY stuff. He watched a full 45 minutes worth the other night. Even laying down on his side...but his eyes were still glued to the screen ! Every now and again, he'll reach up and paw the screen. Gotta watch that so he doesn't scratch the screen up.

Does Dodge walk the keys to make any noise ?

Mike
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

Yes, Dodge walks up & down the keyboard & when in the late evenings I'm laying in the sofa with my laptop he comes in & lays on my chest & falls asleep after some petting. Later on some hour before midnight he comes in meowing a lot with a mouse that he eats fast on the kitchen floor, imagen the sound... Sometimes he does it more than once, one time 4 in a row but nowadays there aint many mice left. He sometimes also goes over the road where a neighbour has chickens & get a rat, but he seldom eats the rats even if it happens.
Here's Carmenzita trying to get some space:
Får Sitta Så.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Van Veghten

Thats funny!
Yeah, I grew up around cats and dogs. big German Shepards and Siamese cats. And later on, my Mom had a Doberman, and still had Siamese cats. They all..."mostly"...got along.
Lotsa stories.

Mike
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

Yeah, stories... Carmenzita got way to much hunt in her, she can't hold back to run after anything that's smaller than her.

Today after work I drilled two holes & fastend two screws to hold the center of the new front plate to the lock plate, small work is also fun! I'm planning the grille frame work soon... Just wait... (snigger!)
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

Of all the silly things that can happen...
We have a law in Sweden that you have to have the lights on while driving, even on a strong sunny day, but not if the car is a classic! So I'm driving back & forth to work without any problems untill day before yesterday when I went home a bit late, it was almost dark & I discover that the front lights didn't work. Rear lights: Yes! high beam: Yes! but no ordinary...
So I messured the connection by the radiator & sure enough; no current at all. "Gotta be the floor switch" was my thought so today I had time to get to that; took of the protecting plate behind the wheel, got the wires lose & the contackt also & checked everything as in messuring the wires & connecting points but it was all good there... The taped cables up to the connection block by the radiator was also good.
So I losend the nut that holds the cables at the block, put some copper grease on/between, just as I did at the floor contact, screwed it all back & it worked!
The feeding cable was under the two going to the lights so when I messured I didn't touch the feed cable.

For a while now we're on house projects, heavy stuff as in rotten balks under floor & outer walls, so cars have to wait.
P1030053.JPG
P1030057.JPG
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

When it comes one takes the chanse...
(even if it's just a short drive)
20nov2022 b.JPG
20nov2022 c.JPG
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

I've been offered my pal Nils's -53 Starlight for a seriously low price... & that puts me in a bit of a squeeze as I don't have the money but two cars already & it's crisis here now; loads of classic cars are for sale but not many get sold. Josephine sits without radiator cus I'm in bed due to scaiatic nerve problems & the Chrysler don't have any steeringbox.
But it for sure have got me thinking...So we'll see what hapens, if only my back & leg would stop hurting as soon as I move. Still; I'm just as happy as normal cuz I'm used to pain, enough complains for now!
r1lark
200 - 399 Posts

Post by r1lark »

nox, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Maybe your downtime will give you time to figure out what to do about Nils' Studebaker. Is it drivable now?
Paul
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry at: http://www.studebakerskytop.com
Mike Van Veghten

On television, we have commercials that offer a strap that wraps around the upper part of your calf, that puts a little pressure on some nerve on the upper area of the calf, that's supposed to help relieve the nerve pain.
Don't know if it works or not.

https://www.beactiveplusdeal.com/?mid=1 ... gIeafD_BwE

Get well soon.

Mike
Champion V8
Over 400 Posts!

Post by Champion V8 »

Thanx a LOT guys! I'm still in a good mood thou, I just waited to long before I bedded myself, but the pain is slowly getting less, I got worse day by day for 3 weeks until I "gave up".
& Youtube provides many videos on the subject.
I'm lucky to have Sonja to spoil me + the fackt that she's also my boss at work. (a while ago we salubrated being together 31 years, I was 31 years old then)
Worst about this whole thing is that I can't fix anything out of bed, but I'll get there, & as I say; "up aint something I wanna give"... & it's anyway about 3 months more before spring arrives here, but then I'll be at it already since a while!