MESSAGE TO MEMBERS - SONNY IS RETIRING

BEFORE BROWSING OR CONSIDERING MEMBERSHIP IN THE RACING STUDEBAKERS FORUMS, PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW ALL HERE FIRST!!!
Sonny
Site Admin

MESSAGE TO MEMBERS - SONNY IS RETIRING

Post by Sonny »

Hello Members of the Racing Studebakers Forums,

After over 20 years of keeping these forums going, it is time for me to pass the mantle to a new, hopefully dedicated and younger, custodian. I just paid the Internet Service Provider for one more year of hosting service, so the forums will be going strong until this time next year.

I would certainly hope that the forums will continue for a long time, however, I am offering that opportunity to the members first, (all 5 or so of you active members :wink: ). Is it worth the time and effort to keep the site going? I think so, because there is unbelievably important information stored and available here. There's also the great memories made, accumulated over the last 20 years, that should be protected.

Regarding operating and maintaining these forums, although there is a learning curve, which I would help with, it's pretty straight forward, almost intuitive and self explanatory. Obviously, I would prefer to have someone who has experience in managing forums, but I can/will help as much as I can. The forums cost around 200.00 a year to host and pay for the domain name. I've never taken a single dime of any money to field the forums, as I look at it as my contribution to a subject dear to my heart, and looking back, I'm certainly not disappointed. Again, the information contained within these pages is astounding.

In any event, I see a couple of options... First, a current member takes it over, (which I would prefer), or I can/will contact the SDC webmaster to see if they want to keep/maintain the forums. As far as individual posts, keeping or archiving that information, the forums software is not set up to archive individual message threads, however, if you want to save yours, (or any thread), you can download it, to save it on your own computer.

Time moves on, as it has for eons, as it is for me now as well. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts about this, feel free to bring them up here or send email, message, etc. to me, I'm still here... :lol:
Sonny